I WANT to start by expressing my hope that you are all keeping safe and well during these very challenging and uncertain times whilst we battle against this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic.
I would also like to express my thanks to everyone involved within the grassroots game in Dorset, for your understanding and support during what is an unbelievable time for our football community.
As you are aware, the Government has imposed restrictions on trading and movement, which is having a serious economic impact on businesses. I understand that clubs and leagues across the County are facing financial pressure and Dorset FA is not immune from this, in fact our organisation will suffer in the next few months and possibly for longer, unless we take immediate action.
Following a Dorset FA Board meeting held on Monday, March 30 2020, I am writing to advise you on updated key actions:
- Suspension of grassroots football including matches, training and friendlies to continue until further notice (in accordance with advice from The FA)
- All Dorset FA events, courses and meetings postponed until further notice.
- The Dorset FA Head Office and 3G ATP at The Specsavers County Ground, Hamworthy, Poole will remain closed until further notice.
In addition, and with effect from Monday, April 6 2020, all Dorset FA staff; with the exception of those listed below as ‘Key Workers’ have been placed on furlough leave, until further notice.
Key Workers during April
Sue Hough, CEO Email: Sue.Hough@DorsetFA.com
- Kevin Pike, Deputy CEO/Safeguarding Lead Email: Kevin.Pike@DorsetFA.com Mobile: 07903 574657
- Justine Mosley, Development Manager Email: Justine.Mosley@DorsetFA.com Mobile: 07908 647052
- Anne-Marie Clark, Finance Officer Email: Anne-Marie.Clark@DorsetFA.com
Key Workers during May (if required)
- Sue Hough, CEO Email: Sue.Hough@DorsetFA.com
- Zoe Pollard, Safeguarding Lead Email: Zoe.Pollard@DorsetFA.com Mobile: 07908 647054
- Jemma Tewkesbury, Football Development Officer Email: Jemma.Tewkesbury@DorsetFA.com Mobile: 07966 806355
Furlough leave is a temporary leave of absence for economic reasons and is designed to save jobs in the long term.
All members of staff at Dorset FA have been fantastically supportive of this decision and look forward to returning to work at the earliest possible opportunity.
Therefore, please direct any enquiries through to one of the four members of staff mentioned above and we will respond as swiftly as we possibly can.
Please stay safe, keep well and follow government advice.
Sue Hough, CEO, Dorset FA