Charmouth – not quite 6 from 6 but still undefeated

Winsham 2, Charmouth 2 

CHARMOUTH started with an early chance from Sam Dibling but  Winsham built the pressure with a series of good attacks, an early chance and a shot from the corner being cleared off the line, it was clear that the home team were up for the challenge.

Charmouth began to build form the seventh minute with a succession of corners and shots, but it was Winsham who made the breakthrough, taking a 1-0 lead.

Winsham recieved a yellow card for persistent fouling, and that set the theme of the game; if Charmouth were going through, they were going to get taken down.

Charmouth fired back with a couple of shots from Adzy Whitehouse and Ashley Williams. The game was very end-to-end with chances falling to both teams. With more fouls there was plenty of opportunities from free kicks and  a resulting corner saw Sam Dibling strike a great effort which was soaring for the top corner but the Winsham keeper made the best fingertip save of the afternoon.

The game continued with end-to-end football but Charmouth were building once again and a shot from Brin Seward was cleared of the line to keep it 1-0 to Winsham,

Another foul saw Ty Allen’s free-kick well saved and from the corner Steven Wooloff headed over the bar. Winsham fired back with a couple of corners but an assist from Whitehouse saw Dave Bridges head home to make it 1-1 at half time.

Half time saw Matt Dare, Bogdan Tudor and Dave Bridges make way for Russ Oldbury, Matt Tipping and Jack Farrant. The second half started much like the first with Winsham pressuring but Charmouth had Dibling’s  shot saved and Ashley Williams’ chance just missed the mark.

Winsham fired back with a couple of corners and a good chance in the 63rd minute saw Brin Seward make way for Dave Bridges to rejoin the field. Charmouth kept the pressure on with Williams having a good couple of chances and Whitehouse having another shot saved, then a couple of corners saw Steve Wooloff strike for Charmouth to take a 2-1 in the 78th minute.

Winsham levelled the scores with a  goal mouth scramble.

It was a difficult game for good football with the persistent fouling but Charmouth remain undefeated. Man-of-the-match went to Sam Dibling and a great effort from the bench from Matt Tipping. Next Saturday Charmouth are away to Chard United Reserves.

Woodmead Halls

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


9 − 7 =