Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Lyme Regis Media Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below ( Cookies);|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation;|
|GDPR||the UK General Data Protection Regulation;|
|Lyme Regis Media Limited, we or us||Lyme Regis Media Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10089417 whose registered office is at Unit 5, Uplyme Business Centre, Uplyme Road, Lyme Regis, Dorset, DT7 3LS;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 & the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2018;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Lyme Regis Media Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Lyme Regis Media Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, https://lyme-online.co.uk/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Lyme Regis Media Limited is the “data controller”. This means that Lyme Regis Media Limited determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
Privacy in our Reporting
We understand the importance of respecting privacy, and will only put private information into the public domain where the public interest outweighs the individual’s reasonable expectation of privacy.
Everyone is entitled to respect for his or her private and family life, home, health and correspondence, including digital communications.
It is unacceptable to photograph individuals, without their consent, in public or private places where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy.
We will never intimidate, harass or persistently pursue sources.
We consider the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO) Editors’ Code of Practice to be a sound statement of ethical and responsible behaviour for journalists, including its regulations regarding privacy. You can read the code here.
Privacy in our Administration
We take all precautions to protect your personal and private information in our administrative processes.
Private information given to LymeOnline, such as bank details for advertising payments, is not kept on file and is destroyed responsibly.
We will never give away or sell your personal or private information and will not use it for anything other than the purpose for which it was given to us.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically
Data that is given to us by you
Lyme Regis Media Limited will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by contact form, telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you elect to receive the email newsletter from us;
- when you comment on a post;
- when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of marketing materials or news updates that may be of interest to you;
We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, filling in your email in a form we provide.
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
Who we share Data with
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – to analyse site usage and visitor data;
- third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data – to help third party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the website runs smoothly, these include:
- Hustle – When visitors or users submit or view a form, Hustle captures the IP Address for analysis purposes. We also capture the email address if supplied to sign up to the mailing list.
Keeping Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
When you submit a directory listing, the content of the listing and its metadata are retained indefinitely. All users can see, edit or delete the personal information included on their listings at any time. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Website visitors can see the contact name, website URL, phone number, address and other information included in your submission to describe the directory listing.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. YouTube videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Transfers outside the United Kingdom and European Economic Area
Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the UK and European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the UK or EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the UK or EEA.
We will only transfer Data outside the UK or EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data, eg by way of data transfer agreement, incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission.
To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Lyme Regis Media Limited to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary cookies||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.|
|Analytical/performance cookies||They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.|
|Functionality cookies||These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).|
|Marketing cookies||These are used to allow us to serve and rotate adverts on the site and remember marketing preferences.|
You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
We use the following strictly necessary cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|Cookie Consent||Stores the user’s cookie consent state for the current domain.|
|PHPSESSID||Preserves user session state across page requests.|
|PayPal – [SessionID#27], ts_c||Used in context with the PayPal payment-function on the website. The cookie is necessary for making a safe transaction through PayPal.|
|Twitter – local_storage_support_test||The cookie is used in context with the local-storage function in the browser. This function allows the website to load faster by pre-loading certain procedures.|
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|e.issuu.com – sessionStartTime||Sets a unique ID for the session. This allows the website to obtain data on visitor behaviour for statistical purposes.|
|e.issuu.com – sessionStartTime||Determines when the visitor last visited the different subpages on the website, as well as sets a timestamp for when the session started.|
|img.secureserver.net – t/1/tl/event||Registers data on visitors’ website-behaviour. This is used for internal analysis and website optimization.|
|_ga, _gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.|
|_gat||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.|
|_tccl_visitor, _tccl_visit||Sets a unique ID for the session. This allows the website to obtain data on visitor behaviour for statistical purposes.|
We use the following functionality cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|doubleclick.net – test_cookie||Used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies.|
|doubleclick.net – IDE||Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.|
|issuu.com – iutk||Recognises the user’s device and what Issuu documents have been read.|
|quantserve.com – mc||Collects data on the user’s visits to the website, such as what pages have been loaded. The registered data is used for targeted ads.|
|twitter.com – __widgetsettings, i/jot||This cookie is set by Twitter – The cookie allows the visitor to share content from the website onto their Twitter profile.|
|twitter.com – i/jot||Sets a unique ID for the visitor, that allows third party advertisers to target the visitor with relevant advertisement. This pairing service is provided by third party advertisement hubs, which facilitates real-time bidding for advertisers.|
|youtube.com – yt-remote-device-id, yt-remote-connected-devices, yt-remote-session-app, yt-remote-cast-installed, yt-remote-session-name, yt-remote-fast-check-period||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video|
|youtube.com – YSC||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen.|
|youtube.com – VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Tries to estimate the users’ bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos.|
|AdRotate – adrotate-114, adrotate-241, adrotate-254, adrotate-138, adrotate-182, adrotate-36, adrotate-265, adrotate-255, adrotate-247, adrotate-18, adrotate-240, adrotate-248, adrotate-242, adrotate-261, adrotate-263, adrotate-233, adrotate-78, adrotate-229, adrotate-208, adrotate-15, adrotate-141, adrotate-25, adrotate-45, adrotate-165, adrotate-57,||Allows us to serve and rotate local adverts on the site.|