PLANNING permission is being sought to change the use of Pitt House, off Broad Street in Lyme Regis, from a shop to a residential flat.
The ground floor of the building, which is situated in the NCP car park to the rear of Tesco, was previously used for residential use, before being changed to retail use in 1983.
It was previously known as The Cottage Bakery and most recently as home interior shop Dotty Home.
Plans have now been submitted to return the ground floor to residential use as a one-bedroom flat with an open plan kitchen, sitting and dining area, bathroom, conservatory to the rear leading to a separate WC and a garden at the rear of the property.
The first floor of the property has always remained in residential use.
The plans say there will be no physical changes to the exterior of the building and it will therefore have no impact on the visual character of the whole building.
Other planning applications currently under consideration by Dorset Council include the following:
- Upgrade of fire protection and escape route, and installation of fire alarm system at 44-45 Coombe Street, which is a listed building.
- Loft conversion to include three dormer windows to the rear and a full-height glazed entrance well to the front, conversion of garage with addition of a conservatory to the rear, erect new single-storey garage and formation of additional terracing at Galen Lea, Sidmouth Road.
- Front and rear extension at Magnolia House, Sidmouth Road.
- Rear extension part ground floor only and part two-story with lower and upper ground floors, add first floor bedroom over existing ground floor at 39 Sherborne Lane.
- First floor extension incorporating raised mono pitch roof and rear single-storey lean-to extension, ground floor side extension, landscape and access alterations to front of the property, new solar panels and heat pump at the rear of Appletree Cottage, Coram Avenue.
- Changes to fenestration at The Lawn, Pound Street.
- Two-storey rear extension at 4 Cobb Road.
- Installation of compact lift between flats 1 and 5 at 1 High Cliff House, Sidmouth Road, which is a listed building.
- Erect garden canopy and extend garden boundary at Cleaveland, Pound Street.
- Retrospective planning for fencing and gate boundaries, one shed and one lean-to and access at Humming Bird, Marine Parade.