CELEBRATE the arrival of the festive season at Bridport Christmas Cheer on Wednesday, December 4.
Residents and visitors will be soaking up the festive atmosphere and getting into the seasonal mood, with a packed programme of activities and entertainment for the whole family to enjoy from 4pm to 8pm.
Events will include:
- Carol singing by local schools
- Lantern procession
- Christmas tree light switch-on and arrival of Father Christmas
- All children who visit Father Christmas in Santa’s Grotto outside the Arts Centre will receive a free gift kindly donated by Toy Master and Groves
- Dance performances by Perfect Pirouttes, Bridport Street Dance and Kelci’s Dance Academy at the Electric Palace
- Non-stop music performed by local musicians in Bucky Doo Square, outside The Bull Hotel and the Ropemakers
- Christmas markets in Town Hall, Arts Centre and Electric Palace
- Over 30 stalls lining West, East and South Streets
- Make and take a Christmas decoration for children, carol singers, storytellers and poetry readings at the LSi in East Street
- Bridport Museum will be demonstrating how to make rope from 4pm to 7pm and offering refreshments and mince pies
- Fun fair and entertainment in South Street
- Many shops will be staying open late and several local businesses will be opening their doors offering seasonal refreshments
- Town’s hospitality outlets offering delicious food and Christmas cheer!
- Christmas Tree Festival at Bridport United Church in East Street starts at 5pm
Chairman of the Christmas Cheer volunteer Committee, Daryl Chambers, said: “Christmas Cheer marks the start of the main countdown to Christmas. It is a very popular free event in the town’s calendar attracting both residents and visitors to the area.
“Not only is it a lovely evening out for all the family but also gives local businesses a chance to showcase what they do and say thank you to their loyal customers.”
For further details visit www.bridportchristmascheer.co.uk or search Bridport Christmas Cheer on Facebook.