CREWS from Charmouth and Bridport were called to a chimney fire at a thatched property in Whitchurch Canonicorum yesterday (Saturday).
The crews, along with an aerial ladder platform and support pump from Yeovil, were called to the incident at 6.15pm and extinguished the fire using one hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera.
The crews have offered advice on keeping your chimney regularly swept and checked. You can find out more at www.dwfire.org.uk/safety/safety-at-home/causes-of-fires/chimney-safety/
Stay up to date with all the news from Lyme Regis, Uplyme & Charmouth by signing up to our regular newsletter.