A NEAR lethal bite from Britain’s only poisonous snake, the adder, nearly killed Tatty the golden Labrador – and this was just 48 hours after giving birth to eight puppies at her home on Dartmoor.
After giving birth Tatty went outside for a stretch and fresh air and was bitten on the leg by the snake. She was quickly taken to the vet who, slowly over a few days, pulled her out of a venomous coma.
But in all the time she was fighting for her life she was still allowing her milk to flow for her pups to stay healthy. All eight were there when Tatty opened her eyes letting everyone know she was on her way back to normal.