WITH the school summer holiday fast approaching, Lyme Regis Museum has planned a full programme of activities to keep children busy during the long break.
The special events include craft workshops, clay modelling, dinosaur crafts and animation workshops, all led by well-regarded and inspirational local artists.
Families will also find a dinosaur quiz and a children’s trail, an interactive fossil gallery and a learning centre suitable for all ages for some hands-on fun to keep even the smallest visitors happy.
Of course, there’s plenty for adults too, with Lyme Regis Museum offering varied displays on Mary Anning and local fossils, plus its rich maritime history and literary connections, plus stunning panoramic views of Lyme Bay from the first floor.
Special events over the summer holidays will be as follows:
- Inside an Ammonite craft workshop with Darrell Wakelam – July 26
- Fossil Polishing at the museum – July 31 (there is a small charge for this activity)
- Belemnite Bodies craft workshop with Darrell Wakelam – August 2
- Animation Workshop with Matthew Dean – August 6
- Fossil Polishing at the Marine Shelters on the seafront – August 8 (there is a small charge for this activity)
- Sticky Starfish craft workshop with Darrell Wakelam – August 9
- Make a Clay Ammonite with Creative Clay for All – August 17
- Make a Clay Dinosaur with Creative Clay for All – August 18
- Paint a Dinosaur & Children’s Crafts – August 21
- Animation Workshop with Matthew Dean – August 23
- Animation Workshop with Matthew Dean – August 30
These special events are drop-in and included in the normal admission price except where stated. More information can be found at www.lymeregismuseum.co.uk/events