DORSET Council wants to know what residents and business owners think of its proposed four-year plan.
The draft plan sets out where the council thinks it needs to focus to make Dorset a great place to live and work, incorporates the political vision of the elected councillors.
The proposed priorities are:
- Economic growth – delivering sustainable economic growth, increasing productivity and the number of jobs in Dorset, creating great places to live, work and visit.
- Unique environment – helping to deliver sustainable development whilst protecting and enhancing Dorset’s environment.
- Suitable housing – facilitating the availability of more affordable, suitable and decent housing.
- Strong, healthy communities – work with residents and partners to build and maintain strong communities where people get the best start and live fulfilling lives.
- Staying safe and well – work with all our residents to have a good quality of life.
Councillor Spencer Flower, leader of Dorset Council, said: “We are ambitious for the people of Dorset and this plan sets out our proposals for what we believe Dorset Council should deliver over the next four years. Everyone will be affected by the plan.
“That’s why it’s really important for the people of Dorset to have their say and tell us if they agree with our proposed priorities. Their views will help us shape the final Council Plan 2020-2024 which will be put before a meeting of the Full Council for approval in February 2020.”
Find out more about the draft Council Plan, proposed priorities and have your say at www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/your-council/about-your-council/dorset-council-draft-plan/dorset-council-plan.aspx
The consultation runs until December 20 2019.