Charmouth Parish Council
Charmouth lies in the South West corner of Dorset at the heart of the Lyme bay coast line. Undulating hills encapsulate this great diversity, making this a prominent part of West Dorset’s area of outstanding natural beauty. The coast line has both national and international designations which is part of England’s first natural world heritage site. Although a relatively small parish, approximately 1800 resident population, Charmouth has a wealth of assets in land and buildings. These include the beach and foreshore area, incorporating the seafront car park and ‘Old Cement Factory’; large playing field in Barrs Lane; cemetery and chapel in Axminster Road; allotment land; works depot in Wesley Close and The Elms building which houses the council offices.